Hello from Pamela

Fragen & Tipps zu Ländern, Reisen im Land, Fortbewegung, Unterkünften wie Hostels, Hotels etc., Touren, Ausflügen usw.

Moderator: Nici

pamelagip
neues Mitglied
neues Mitglied

Hello from Pamela

Beitragvon pamelagip » 16.08.2013 - 10:15

I currently finished high school and I have in plan to study abroad in France. Lots of my friends recommended me to go in France because of its landscape and beautiful places but also for the good education they support. Can anyone of you share your experiences in France and tell me which are the best places there. Also some guides and tips for studying in France.

Hoping for good answers.
Pamela
Philso911
Moderator/in
Moderator/in
Beitragvon Philso911 » 16.08.2013 - 14:00

Hi Pam,

France is a great country with lots of cultural variety and the "savoir vivre"-mentality is deep inside most of the French population. I have only been to the Côte d'Azur (Marseille, Nice, a few places in the area and Monaco if you will) and Paris a couple of times but they are great places to lay back and hang out for a while - if you speak French. If you don't, you're going to have a bad time because although many French actually speak at least a little bit of English, they will never let you know. Luckily, my French is good enough to make my way around and have conversations with random people, which is nice as the French are quite the hearty people once they see you try to adapt and get to know them and don't just run around the Eiffel tower in your A&F sweater, swinging your camera and eating McDonald's.

But be careful if you get out of the city center, most of Paris' suburbs (French: banlieue) as well as those of other cities like Toulouse or Lyon are very dangerous, the people who live there are often immigrants from northern parts of Africa, who came to France hoping for a better life but instead got rejected and have to work hard to earn the slightest living. In consequence, they are upset and full of rage and tend to violence. But that's another story.

If you're looking to study, make sure you meet the ERASMUS exchange people. They're usually an awfully funny bunch of people from all over Europe, just looking to party for a semester! I have never studied in France, but I went to school there for a little while and I have to say, it's actually quite nice. Universities could be completely differnt, though...

As for the other cities in France, I've almost exclusively heard good things about them. Bordeaux and Lyon, my friends tell me, are very nice and Cannes and St. Tropez might be a bit posh for some, but you can have a good time there, too. The only place I've not exactly been recommended is Toulouse, apparently it stinks worse than most of the French cities (I know it's a clichee, but a very true one imho), is not very clean and the people there seem to be a little weird. But as with most cities, I reckon you can enjoy your time there as well.

Cheers,
Phil

Zurück zu „Land & Leute - andere Länder“