I'm starting then

Forum for questions, discussions (off topic or travel issues) in English. Please write in English and use German for asking phrases or words only.
catchat
VIP Member
VIP Member
Beitragvon catchat » 15.01.2005 - 08:27

hello mates,
I'm starting then. this idea of an english part of reisebine is great, just a bit complicated to get it organised on a german-coordinated keybord.

we'll manage, I reckon.
okay, so howz everybody?
cheers from cathy...
liebe grüsse
Jinx
VIP Member
VIP Member
Beitragvon Jinx » 15.01.2005 - 13:17

not very well, but thanks for asking! I have two torn ligaments, a broken keyboard in front of me, no work and no money... don't wanna go home right now *crying*...
Boris
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Boris » 15.01.2005 - 13:23

hi jinx,

that sounds very bad :cry: . torn ligaments...how do you get this,at work ?
osx_lover
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon osx_lover » 15.01.2005 - 13:38

Hey Jinx that doesn't sound very good! Hope you're getting better soon! How much time to you have left in Australia? Still living in Sydney?

I'm fine. Just came back from an event called "Motorvation" (a car show) but I reckon it was pretty lame. Well, I expected more for an admission of $28 per person! :-(

Anyway, think I have to get going and write some emails

Regards

Laura
Viele Gruesse aus Perth...
Jinx
VIP Member
VIP Member
Beitragvon Jinx » 16.01.2005 - 05:20

It happened on New Years Eve at 23:45. I just fell badly... and nobody helped me up :evil: . My honey was totally shocked when I finally reached our place, cause I broke down in tears. :cry:

Usually I would fly back around the beginning of March. Not much of a difference, but when you have a boyfriend... :oops:

Well, I got a new keyboard today. That's a positive thing. :lol:
Bonnie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Bonnie » 17.01.2005 - 17:10

G-day mates!

I'm better again. It was a pretty hard start in Germany for me, after one year travelling around Australia with my husband. Luckily, we just stayed for 2 months and got both jobs in Ireland. Ireland is not as great as Australia of course but at least I'm in an English speaking environment again. Which is great!!! :grins: And I can use an English Keyboard again! :wink:

Cheers, Danni
Dont dream your LIFE - LIVE your DREAM!!!
:grins: AROUND AUSTRALIA Okt.2003-Okt.2004
catchat
VIP Member
VIP Member
Beitragvon catchat » 17.01.2005 - 17:20

hey bonnie - back again!
what about the dogs, are they coming with you to ireland?
did they well while you were abroad?
liebe grüsse
Bonnie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Bonnie » 17.01.2005 - 18:10

Hey,

yeap, unfortunately back from Australia. Still missing it heaps and heaps but what can you do! Life is going on...I'm already in Ireland and again without the dogs. They're with my parents and that's actually a lot better for them. They can be in the garden...but I miss them a lot. They both drove crazy when they saw me after the year and I was so happy that they still recognized!

It's also great to be back in the forum! It's a connection to my lovely AUSTRALIA!!!! Unfortunately I don't have internet access at home. Everything is so bloody expensive in Ireland! Australia was comparing to Ireland dirt cheap!!!! Anyway, I have Internet at work and I will try to spend more time in the forum again! I had so many adventures with our Rusty (car) in Australia and it would be a pity not to share them! We also had a really bad accident (turn over) during our trip, luckily close to the end and most important nothing happened to us. I'll wrote an article about it. It's really important to be aware of the rough roads in Australia and to be insured as well!

Talk to you soon!

Bye Danni

By the way I love this English part of the forum!!!! It's great!
And Bine, your Forum is even better than it already was before I left!!!!!!

:grins: :grins:

osx_lover
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon osx_lover » 18.01.2005 - 00:56

hi Bonnie
where are you living in Irleland? What are you doing for a living? Well, I'm just a bit curios sometimes... if I wouldn't have stayed in Down Under, I'd certainly have settled in Irland or the UK for while!
Guess you already know http://www.irlandforum.de/ or http://www.irlandtalk.de/index.php?op=forum

Regards

Laura
Bonnie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Bonnie » 18.01.2005 - 11:13

Hi Laura,

that's all right! I'm living in Cork (south) the second biggest city in Ireland. It's a nice city but unfortunately bloody expensive. But Dublin is even more expensive. The country side of Ireland is really nice as well specially the western side. Even the weather is not too bad if you don't compare it with Australia of course. It can change really quick from nice sunshine to storm and rain. You have sometimes 4 seasons in one day. A bit like in Melbourne maybe. But it's not like in Germany. You don't have grey sky and rain for 1 week or more! By the way, I'm working in Customer Support for Germany and the UK. I just started one week ago and I'm still in training till the end of this week.

I'm really curios as well, do you have a permanent Visa for Australia:?:

Anyway, training is starting again and I have to listen!

Have a nice day!

Bye, bye Danni :grins:

osx_lover
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon osx_lover » 19.01.2005 - 01:25

Oh, you're living in Cork - that's where companies like Apple have their callcentres I think. Recently I found a few reports about irish callcentres on the net, and they didn't sound too good (pressure from teamleaders, no rewards for good work etc), but hopefully you found a company that threads you well. Guess you won't be doing it for the rest of your life, but it's good to have a job to get started in Irland. I'm kind of tempted to go over there for a holiday one day, have only been to the UK but never to Irland. :-( What brought you to Irland in the first place?

I don't have my permanent residency yet. But I'm getting to it. Currently I'm here on a student visa and am applying for a 2year defacto spouse visa in the end of July (my partner is australian). After these 2 years I'll be eligible for permanent residency (provided we're still together by then - but I'm pretty confident).

Ok, cya

Laura
Barbarella
VIP Member
VIP Member
Beitragvon Barbarella » 19.01.2005 - 09:59

Recently I found a few reports about irish callcentres on the net, and they didn't sound too good (pressure from teamleaders, no rewards for good work etc), but hopefully you found a company that threads you well.

Hiya,
I think that also applies to call centers in other countries. I've worked in a call center in the UK as well as in one in Germany and you will always be under pressure. The teamleaders have most of the time no choice but to put pressure on the agents as they are put under pressure from their superiors. I can speak from my own experience as I've worked as an agent as well as a teamleader. There will be always targets you have to reach, like doing a certain number of sales or answering a certain number of calls. Even when doing customer service, where the agents responsibility is to help the user/customer with their questions/problems, you will have certain targets.

@Bonnie - I do hope as well that you've found a decent company who treats their employees well. Have a good time in Ireland.

@Jinx - sorry to hear about your torn ligaments, hope you will feel better soon.
Bonnie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Bonnie » 19.01.2005 - 14:00

Hey,

we actually decided to go to Ireland because we met a really nice Irish couple during our stay in Australia. We travelled with them a lot and became very good friends. They live in Cork as well and that make things a lot easier for us specially in the beginning.

We don't work with targets in my call center which is great! I just started but I heard from my team mates they don't put you under pressure. Hopefully! Anyway, I will find it out soon.

Have a nice day! :grins:

Bye Danni

strandperle
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon strandperle » 21.01.2005 - 18:26

my cousin has been living in ireland for about 7 years (i'm not even sure if that's right :roll:....anyway, it's been a long time) now. she met her boyfriend there and soon they're going to be married. he has a farm on the west coast, close to the ring of kerry and near killarney. it must be one of the most beautiful areas in the whole of ireland. they make a living from giving riding lessons to children in the area. they also do guided tours on horse with interested tourists. when she's visiting us in germany, she normally takes a plane from the airport in cork, as it's the nearest "bigger" town......

i'm desperate to visit her one day! it's a shame that so far i didn't manage to see how she lives over there..... :oops:

that are the stables: http://www.travelpublishing.co.uk/Count ... i21814.htm
april-oktober 2004 als german language assistant in ADELAIDE verbracht.
Bonnie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon Bonnie » 21.01.2005 - 20:40

Hey,

thanks a million (as the Irish use to say) for the tip with the stable! We were already looking for one in this region. So we'll probably go for a ride very soon!
Great! Can't wait!!!

cheers Danni :lol: :grins:

strandperle
VIP Member
VIP Member

Beitragvon strandperle » 21.01.2005 - 21:04

hey danni,

how cool that i was able to help you out. :lol: as i said i've never been there myself, but i think my cousin xenia and mike are doing a great job, 'cause they both LOVE horses - they are their life! mike's mother pat died last christmas which was very sad, because she was the "soul" of the stables. by the way, they are always looking for people who want to help with the horse work. they don't pay, but you get free board and lodging!

my cousin used to have an email address, but she never has time to check her emails, so hotmail deleted her account. but i'm sure you get more information when you call them.

if you really go there, say all the best to xenia from her 4-year-younger cousin julia and explain how we met on reisebine.de!

greets
jule
april-oktober 2004 als german language assistant in ADELAIDE verbracht.

Zurück zu „English Talk“